- New ‘Book of Boba Fett Trailer’ Teases Return of Legendary Bounty Hunter December 8, 2021
- Rebel Wilson Received ‘Pushback’ From Team Over Weight Loss December 8, 2021
- The People’s Choice Awards Confirmed What We All Knew — Christina Aguilera Is An Icon December 8, 2021
- ‘Supergirl’ Star Pushing for Sentinel and Guardian Spinoff December 8, 2021
- The Definitive Ranking of ‘The 100’ Seasons December 8, 2021
If someone asked you which Mario game is best, what would you say?
At first, I thought it was a pretty simple question. But as it turns out, it’s not quite as simple as one might think.
Of course, there is no such thing as a bad Mario game. The franchise is the foundation of Nintendo’s game empire and has been for three decades now. Mario himself is the face of the best-selling video game franchise of all time, and has spawned TV shows, comic books, theme park attractions, and more. There’s a reason why the Mario series has remained so popular. Because it’s good.
Rankings like this are obviously entirely subjective. My idea of “best” may not be the same as yours, or vice versa. Even still, I tried not to rely on nostalgia alone. I took into account how the game was at the time of its debut, what technology was available at the time, and how influential it was on players and the video game industry as a whole. I then factored in how the game holds up to this day.
What I came up with was this list of the Top 10 Best Mario Games. Did your favorite make the list? Should a different game have taken the number one spot?